Monday, May 18, 2009

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

We love this soup at our house...and why not, all topped with melted cheese and crispy bacon. Yum!

Baked Potato Soup:

4 largeish baking potatoes
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
6 cups milk
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sliced green onions
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Shredded cheese

-Bake potatoes or cook them in a microwave. Peel and cube potatoes into desired size (I like my potato chunks to be on the small side).
-In a large saucepan melt butter then stir in flour. Add salt and pepper and stir until smooth. Gradually add milk and bring to a boil.
-Cook and stir until thickened. Turn down heat and add sour cream. Stir until smooth. Add potatoes and green onions and heat through. Be sure to not heat too quickly or the sour cream will curdle.
-Top with more onions if desired, bacon and cheese.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try this ~ of course I think I'll have to double or triple the recipe to feed my family! :)