Thursday, May 21, 2009

Super Delicious Jell-O Salad

Okay, I have this recipe for Jell-O salad that I have to share since all of the ingredients are on sale this week. Let me clarify that I am not, nor have I ever been, a huge fan of Jell-O (I know, I know, how can I possibly say that...please try to stifle your gasps.) I am also not a fan of tapioca pudding, but this salad is seriously amazing. It is a hit with my whole family. And, whenever I take it places, I am always asked for the recipe. This is a recipe that is finger-lickin good and super easy.

Jell-O Salad




2 boxes tapioca pudding
1 box cherry Jell-O
3 cups water

Bring all ingredients to a boil. Transfer to a big bowl and put it in your refrigerator to cool. It will take a couple of hours to set.

1 carton cool whip
raspberries to taste, frozen or fresh (if frozen, thaw and drain)

When Jell-O has set, fold in the cool whip and add raspberries. And that's it folks. Yummy!!!

We have also tried substituting orange Jell-O and mandarin oranges and it is good too, but the cherry and raspberry combination is my favorite.


***Note: I know that tapioca pudding is never on sale, so take your HyVee ad to Walmart and have them price match it. Trust me, it's worth it!

No comments: