Saturday, January 17, 2009

Emergency Lighting Ideas

***This deal has EXPIRED!***

I don't know about any of you, but I worry with two little boys about what we would do if something were to happen in the middle of the night and we lost our electricity. I have plenty of candles, candle sticks and matches on hand, but what if it is a tornado or an earthquake that has caused the lights to go out. I certainly would not want to light a match in a situation like that. So, here are some ideas:

We have several LED headlamps that I keep all over the house. I hang one on our shelf in the basement, one is kept in Todd's night stand, and one is kept hanging in the garage. They are really handy and I love them. I just found an amazing deal on a LED headlamp here. It is $4.99, but if you enter this code (M248002CPPOFF) then it takes $1.50 off making your total $3.49. Plus, there is free shipping. I just ordered one myself.

Another item I store in my basement are touch lights I got from the dollar store. These will be a great, risk free source of light for my family. I also keep plenty of batteries in a tupperware tub in my basement to accommodate whatever items I have stored that require them.

(Once Todd comes back with my camera, I'll post a picture of the lights so you can see what they look like.)

No comments: