Monday, January 19, 2009

How To Freeze Meat

If any of you are snoring just by reading the title, then by all means press the "X" and put yourself out of your misery. For the rest of you, I am going to share how I freeze meat as regulated by the state of Utah. I used to be a program director at a group home in Sandy, Ut and this is how the state told us we had to freeze meat:

Here is the 8 lbs of 93% lean ground beef from Price Chopper in all its ground glory. I only bought 8 lbs because my family is on the smaller side, but if your family is bigger, then I would suggest buying more because this was a great deal. For this you will need, plastic wrap, tin foil, a sharpie and a freezer ziplock bag.
















First divide your hamburger into your desired sizes. Then put one portion onto a piece of saranwrap and wrap it up.















Next put that slab of meat onto the tinfoil and wrap. Make sure you label each piece with the date and the item's name.















Then label your ziplock baggie and put your meat into them. Squeeze as much air out as you can when you close it. Then just pop it in your freezer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mother-in-law just emailed me you blog and I think it is great. I can tell you are enthusiastic about it and I appreciate you sharing all your wisdom. Thanks!