Friday, January 9, 2009

And So It Begins

I have wanted to start a blog like this for a long time...mostly for my own benefit. I have so many ideas floating around in my head and I have to put them to print or I will forget them. Also, there is so much I want and need to learn about, so I thought, why not all learn together!

I will frequently post on the great grocery and drug store deals that I find and if I know of any coupons that go with them. I also plan on spending a lot of time on gardening, food storage, 72-hour kits, etc... As a stay at home mom, I will also post quite a bit about ways to save money. I save a lot of money through coupon clipping along with sales. It is not uncommon for me to cut my grocery bill in half with these methods (don't roll your eyes...it can happen!) Also, I love to cook, so I'll have lots of postings on tried-and-true, yummy, budget friendly recipes that your family will enjoy. There will be so much more as well to post about.

So, this blog is dedicated to survival: the things I feel I need to learn and do to be prepared for whatever the future holds.

1 comment:

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Hi Sara - You are awesome! Why aren't you on our ward preparedness committee? Huh? :)

I just posted info about a sale Emergency Essentials is having on Roadside Emergency Kits and their Provident Living food storage. It's listed on my blog. I'm going to be posting preparedness stuff a few times a month as I learn about good deals. I'd be fine if you want to reference my posts on your blog, too.

Thanks for helping all of us be prepared!